35 First Dance Songs Perfect for Your Wedding
Your first dance song may be one of the most important songs in your life. It’s the song that represents your relationship with your spouse and will be a reminder of your wedding day every single time you hear it. No pressure, right?
I know this was one of the more difficult decisions for my wedding day. My fiancé and I never had a song that was “ours,” except for maybe Dark Horse by Katy Perry because before we started dating he turned the volume up so loud during the song that he blew my car’s speakers. That makes for a killer first dance song right?!
So how in the world do you decide on your special song? My fiancé and I both went through some of our favorite “love songs,” and we intend to have a night where we push the coffee table in the living room to the side with a bottle of wine and a few candles lit to practice to try them out. Hopefully we will find one that feels “right.” In case you need some inspiration for where to start, here are 35 songs that we considered for our first dance!
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – Elvis Presley
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- From the Ground Up – Dan & Shay
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- All of Me – John Legend
- Speechless – Dan & Shay
- In Case You Didn’t Know – Brett Young
- You Make It Easy – Jason Aldean
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- At Last – Etta James
- A Thousand Years – Chrstina Perri
- Then – Brad Paisley
- Die A Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
- Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
- Amazed – Lonestar
- The One – Kodaline
- I Don’t Dance – Lee Brice
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- You And Me – Lifehouse
- How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
- I Get To Love You – Ruelle
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- My Best Friend – Tim McGraw
- Millionaire – Chris Stapleton
- Heaven – Los Lonely Boys
- I Cross My Heart – George Strait
- Bless The Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
- Your Song – Elton John
- Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
- L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
- Memories of Us – Keith Urban
- The Woman I Love – Jason Mraz
- Nothing Fancy – Dave Barnes
Are you feeling inspired yet? Did you go through the list and listen to every song and now you’re in your “lovey dovey” mood? Hopefully this has helped you find your song, or has at least pointed you in the right direction. Remember, your first dance song can be literally anything that represents your relationship and love for each other. It can even be something completely nontraditional.
What song did you dance to at your wedding? Keep the inspiration going for those struggling and comment your song!